Oven Roasted Vegetable Salad

8:08 PM

I added a new tag to my ever growing collection of hashtags on Instagram. It is called #DinnerForOne. I know that cooking for  single person is a challenge and esp if you don't believe in leftovers. This is a perfect, no fuss recipe and I strongly recommend it.

I wanted to eat Salad for dinner and was at my laziest best on Saturday. I also didn't want any fancy dressing and yet I wanted a comforting salad because hello Sundays are #LongDistanceRun days. Yes, that's how complicatedly we do things around here. The dinner recipe idea had started forming in my head by 8 PM. I looked in the fridge and picked the most fresh ingredients and decided to give it a shot and yes I was done with my dinner by 9:20.. #SoComforting..

When I was in Germany my standard meal/ side meal every day was a plate of roasted vegetables.
I love the flavor of roasted vegetables. It brings out the sweetness of every vegetable and how they all end up infusing with each other. So Beautiful. *sigh*.

So here is my recipe of Oven Roasted Vegetable Salad.


Sorry for a very shabby picture. Hopefully this is the last shabby picture on this blog. 
I am getting a new phone soooooon.

Ingredients:
1 Zucchini sliced thinly
2 Medium sized tomatoes sliced thinly
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1 Onion cut in to chunks
1 Carrot diced
1 Yellow Bell pepper cut in to strips
1 cup cooked spaghetti ( I used approximately 40 gm spaghetti and I broke the strands)
Olive oil for greasing and sprinkling 
Salt
Black Pepper
White Pepper
Chilli Garlic oil ( Can use Olive/ refined)
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Herbs to sprinkle ( I used crushed rosemary, dill and paprika powder)
A few parsley leaves to garnish
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (Optional)
Note: You can select herbs of your choice

Method
I greased the baking tray with olive oil and placed the cut vegetables (except onions) on it with garlic cloves and sprinkled salt and crushed black and white peppercorns on it.

I sprinkled a little olive oil, a little chilli and roasted them in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
Cutting vegetables thinly helps speed up the process and zucchini was really crispy when I took it out from the oven.. Yum!

In a pan I added chilli garlic oil and sauteed onions, I then added herbs and the roasted vegetables.
I kinda mashed the vegetables a bit using a spatula (Not too much.. just a bit)

When I was done with my light mish mashing I added cooked spaghetti, vinegar and mixed everything thoroughly. I then added grated parmesan.

I garnished the salad generously with chopped parsley..

Note: I have tried different variations and played around quite a bit with it and it was delicious every time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments