.. Chocolate Zucchini Tea/ Coffee Cake...

11:18 PM

Yes, I am that girl who loves to bake. I am the one who loves to experiment. My ambition is to invent a dessert one day.  There are a thousand reasons to bake but nothing beats when you just want to bake for yourself. Yes, it has been that kind of a week. I am a little under the weather and have been advised to indulge in what I feel like doing..

Today morning I woke up and felt pretty hopeless. Maybe it’s the heat or its just me feeling blah.. What do you do when you have these days?

So like a true warrior determined to beat the blues I decided to take it head on. I woke up and decided to bake a cake. My mornings are normally reserved for making my breakfast ice cream (recipe to be shared later), lunch, snacks and dinner. I finish off all my kitchen tasks in the morning. It gives me time off in the evening to indulge in my other passions.

Before we get on to the recipe I would like to ask a question? Are you a vegetable person?
There are only two types of people - Vegetable lovers and otherwise. Sadly I belong to the second category but because of my passion for fitness I make it a point to include vegetables wherever possible.

So on that note I decided to bake a healthified chocolate cake.  The vegetable vendor delivered a fresh batch of Zucchini last night and I decided to use it for my baking. This cake is going to my black book. It was everything moist, tender, fluffy, chocolatey, chunky..




Ingredients:

1/2 cup Butter
2/3 cup cocoa powder 
3 Eggs
1/2 tsp Baking Powder 
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 cup white flour
1 Cup Zucchini shredded
A pinch of salt if not using Amul butter
3/4 cup Sugar
Vanilla extract
1/4 cup Chocolate chips/ chocolate chunks

Note: 
I ran out of cocoa powder so I used 25 gms of dark chocolate compound with 1/4 cup of cocoa and   reduced my sugar to 1/2 cup

For Zucchini I just processed it in the processor (pureed it)

For Vanilla: I am using Nielsen Massey vanilla extract which I picked up during my last trip to the UK. Please let me know if you find it anywhere in India.,

Method:
  •  Preheat oven for 7-10 minutes at 200 degrees and prepare your cake tin by lining it with a butter paper, greasing and flouring it well
  •  In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Mix them well
  •  Melt butter (I also added chocolate at this step). Add sugar and cream the mixture
  •  Add eggs one at a time and beat the mixture thoroughly  
  •  Mix vanilla 
  • Add dry mixture 1/3rd at a time and beat well. The mixture will be very thick
  • Add zucchini and mix well. The water content in zucchini will set the batter consistency right 
  • Pour the batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 30-40 minute until the cake is well risen and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean



Ciao..

You Might Also Like

0 comments