Sticky Buns and Great Weather

8:28 PM

Saturday: It was a lovely day today. I kick-started my day with a 16 km run. I was so excited and ready to just laze around and do nothing. I went off to sleep for a quick nap at 11:00 am which turned out to be a long siesta. I woke up at 3:00 PM to beautiful weather. My legs were all sore but I was too inspired. Can't blame me? So I decided to bake my version of sticky buns.

Before I type out the recipe let me tell you that it is a great in-between-meals-kinda snack.



















Ingredients:

Buns
425g Flour (Maida)
7gms Yeast ( approximately 1 Tbsp)
1 Tbsp Sugar
3/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup dessicated coconut (Optional)
1/2 cup nuts and seeds mix with 1 tsp sugar sprinkled
2 eggs lightly beaten

Syrup:
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp Vanilla 
1/4 cup nuts mix

Method

Heat the milk to lukewarm. Mix the yeast and Sugar, and leave until frothy, roughly 15-20 minutes
Cut cubes of butter and mix it with flour in a mixing bowl. Use your fingertips to mix until it reaches the coarse breadcrumbs like texture
Make a well in the centre and add the yeast mixture and eggs. Incorporate flour in circular motion mixing at every turn.
Knead the mixture until smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl with a cling film and leave it to rise (2 hrs approximately)

Meanwhile, prepare the syrup by heating water, brown sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Bring the mixture to a boil until thick and syrupy. Sprinkle nuts and pour about 1 tbsp of syrup at the bottom of each of muffin cups.

Knock back the dough and roll out to a rectangle.
Sprinkle filling (1/4 cup nuts, coconut and sugar) over the dough in  an even manner

Roll up tightly forming a log. Cut the log in to even rounds and place them in prepared muffin cups.
Leave them to rise for another 30 minutes.

Preheat the Oven for 10 minutes and place the prepared muffin pan to bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden brown.

Once done, remove from the oven and invert the muffin tin to remove the buns. 
















Sunday Morning: Enjoying this great weather with bun and jam with coffee. The music (The who) is playing in the background and I am already wondering about my next experiment :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments