Chocolate Mango Marble Cake..

10:05 AM

I had to come here and write today. I have had a good day in a long while. I am just fed up of heat, humidity and life in general. I have been taking all sorts of shortcuts while cooking. There have been no elaborate meals lately. Well, that's Dilli kii Garmi for you.  It rained beautifully today and I had to celebrate it. I was just too motivated. Nothing could stop me.. I went for a long run in the drizzling weather and it was beautiful. I came back home early and decided to bake the egg less marble chocolate mango cake. This cake is super simple and a total beauty to look at.. 


The mango makes the batter super silky. The best part is that it is butter-less. It is a perfect tea-time cake. I was so anxious to see how it turned out that I made chai (It's the weather) after dinner and enjoyed it with a slice of cake. 

I am planning to freeze some Mango puree for the next couple of months. Let's see if I manage to do that.










Here's how I made it:

Ingredients: 

2 cups White Flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda

1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Mango chunks

1/4 cup Milk (I used non-fat)
1/4 cup Yoghurt

1/4 cup fresh cream
3/4 cup Sugar ( Make it 1 cup if Mango is not sweet)
1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup warm Water 5 tbsp. Refined Oil 


Prerequisites:
Set the oven to pre-heat for 10 minutes
Grease and line the  cake tin with parchment paper.


Directions
I then added all the dry ingredients, except sugar in a bowl.
In a large bowl, I then blended sugar, oil, mango, yogurt, milk, vanilla, cream and mix well. (If you are using mango puree then just whisk it)
I gradually then added the dry mix mixture (1/3rd at a time) to mango mixture and mixed it well to combine the dry & wet ingredients. 
I transferred one third of the mango batter to another bowl and mixed the cocoa paste until thoroughly incorporated.
Once the batters were ready I poured them alternately on to the cake tin. I used a fork to create the swirls..

Baked for approximately 45 minutes, The first 10 minutes at 220 degrees and the rest 35 minutes at 180 degrees. The settings might vary so bake until the cake is well risen and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.










You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks lovely . Its mango season , You have to do something with the mangoes. And freezing the mango puree :P. that's an awesome idea. Let me know if that works

    I'm planning to bake mango cheese cake next before the mango season is over :)

    ReplyDelete