Dressing Up..

2:57 AM

I love food. No surprises there. When I talk about my love for food it is not just the eating bit that I appreciate. I love shopping for groceries (Which is mainly online these days) also. When I was in Germany I made sure I visited Farmers market every week for  fresh produce. I create and construct recipes in my head. I come up with ideas, pairing of ingredients and then the task of executing my idea. I do this everyday.

When I moved in with Archana and Deepal back in 2006 I realized the importance of cooking for oneself. Before that I was mainly dependent on tiffin services. Every now and then I hear people moan that they don't like cooking for one person. C'mon how could you not love yourself enough to go through that process. I love cooking and the numbers don't matter anymore. Thankfully fitness is a major part of my life and it has only helped me in my cooking and the choices that I make. Almost Everyday.

The other day I was talking to a friend when she suggested that I share recipes, ideas and tips that I use on a daily basis. She wanted me to bring together my two passions - cooking and fitness. Her suggestion made sense and I have decided to blog about that as well. Let's see how I get on with it.

So please go ahead, read and share your thoughts.. I have decided to kick-start this series with dressings and Sauces.  My preferences keep changing. It is quite a seasonal thing for me. My favorite five dressings/recipes these days are:




1. My favorite dressing these days is Sweet Lime Chilli Dressing
Method: One fresh lime freshly squeezed, 1 tablespoon dark Soy sauce, Chilli Flakes and 1 tsp Honey. Mix well and toss veggies in this dressing

2. Date and Tamarind Sauce: This is my latest obsession after Priyanka shared her dessert recipe with me. Her dessert was too good to be true so I flicked the idea for creating savory dishes.
Method: Soak tamarind and then extract the pulp, mix a tsp of Date sauce with chilli flakes and sea salt
It works really well with chicken

3. Orange-Yoghurt-Dill dressing: Squeeze a fresh orange (I used Mandarin) and mix it with thick yoghurt - 1/2 cup (store bought). Whisk well. Add Dil, Lots of Garlic, Salt and a bit of olive oil. It works like a charm and goes really well with chicken

4. Coconut Milk Dressing: Mix skimmed Coconut milk- 1 cup (I use - Homemade by Dabur), Soy sauce - 1 tbsp, chilli sauce - 1tbsp, Peanut butter - 1 tsp, Garlic- Finely chopped and mix well

5.Plum Sauce: I know I should posting about all things apple now. I am not yet done with Plums though. I love this fruit for the kind of variety that it offers.
Method: Chop plums and then caramalize them in a heavy bottomed pan and add soy sauce (1 tsp) and chilli flakes. It goes really well with chicken and can also be used for marination

What do you think? Yay or Nay?


Ciao..

You Might Also Like

1 comments